The Barbados Football Association (BFA) is seeking a qualified, proactive, and result-oriented person with a proven track record to become its Head Coach. The position is contractual and full-time. The BFA was founded in 1910 and is recognized by the National Sports Council as the governing body for football in Barbados.
The Head Coach will develop, deliver, and lead all aspects of the BFA’s Senior Men’s National Team Program including its talent identification, development and performance program, coach, supervise the Senior Men’s national technical staff, and collaborate with and support all member football clubs and teams. The ideal candidate will be tasked with leading the Senior Men’s National Team Development Strategy.
- Develops a coaching strategy as part of the BFA’s overall technical strategy and agreed objectives as required by the FIFA Forward Program and the General Secretary to improve the level of the game within the country and achieves identifiable targets
- Prepares, delivers and monitors high quality coaching sessions for its Senior Men’s National Team
- Works collaboratively with the Technical Director in Talent ID to support the development and identification of players who have the potential to play for Barbados
- Assists with the development programme for emerging talents and the BFA’s overall Technical Development strategy
- Liaises with the Technical Director in the management of trials
- Liaises with the Medical staff in the management of injuries
- Attends and assists with the continued Professional Development of the Senior Men’s National team players and staff
- Adheres and enhances all coaching programmes ensuring the Technical Development Strategy underpins the work of the Department
- Maintains coaching and other qualifications relevant to the BFA minimum standards for the position
- Undertakes duties in a professional manner in line with the BFA’s code of conduct and actively promotes the BFA
- Reports any serious breaches of discipline to the General Secretary and the President
- Participates in tours and tournaments including leading and managing the team overseas
- Reports any matters of concern to the General Secretary and the President
- Presents reports on the training programmes and any tours the team undertakes to the General Secretary
- Attends workshops and seminars as requested on the behalf of the BFA
- Demonstrates commitment to safeguarding the adults-at-risk programme by adhering to relevant values, policies and procedures
- Supports the BFA’s commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Performs any reasonable additional duties as required by the BFA Council or General Secretary
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Head Coach or in a similar position
- Minimum of a UEFA A license or its equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in planning, delivery and monitoring football coaching sessions at a senior level
- Proficient and confident user of technology platforms utilized for planning, delivery, and reflection
- Able to work in a team environment
- Has experience in a leadership role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Available to work flexibly (including evening and weekends)
The Remuneration will be based on skills and experience.
Please email your applications to email@example.com on or before August 20th, 2022. Only suitable candidates will be acknowledged.