Government has set a tentative July 16 restart game for sports across the island, with spectators.
Prime Minister Mia Mottley delivered the news over the weekend during a nationally televised press conference.
President Randy Harris said the BFA welcomed the news and were awaiting the go ahead to resume the domestic league from health officials.
Since December 30, 2020, the island has been “shut down” and a curfew effected since February 3 this year, following a rise in COVID-positive cases.
However, Prime Minister Mottley announced the curfew would be lifted effective June 30, and sports resume next month as numbers have been on the decline.
“We will start discussing with the national sporting organizations how we will have patrons and spectators be involved in the activities again. We do not feel we are in a position to do this unilaterally, and therefore those conversations will take place between the Ministry of Sports, the Ministry of Health, and the Ministry of Culture over the next two weeks,” she said.
During a recent press conference, General Secretary Edwyn Wood said the requisite protocols had been submitted to the COVID-19 Monitoring Unit for the green light, and the Board was still in discussions on the way forward with some ideas brought to the fore.
Since March 2020, the Wildey Turf has been absent of football and fans after all sporting activity was banned on island.
Since then, the senior national men have resumed training twice, and most recently the women have resumed training.